Web Standards, Compliance and Compatibility
We adhere to industry standards so you can maximize the
usability and reliability of your Caspio apps.
Here are some of the ways Caspio follows standards:
- All Caspio apps are rendered in XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Caspio uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) for app styling.
Caspio templates stick to the common denominator in CSS supported
by a wide array of browsers. However, Caspio customers are free to
add their own CSS.
- Caspio apps are Section 508 compliant. This means that
Caspio-powered apps are compatible with the devices
visually-impaired people use to access the web.
- The Caspio application programming interface (API) is based on
web services standards and protocols. The API uses SOAP, a standard
XML protocol for application integration, with support for both
versions in common use: SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. The API includes
alternative invocations for remote call procedures and
- Caspio charts use HTML5 for cutting-edge interactivity on both
PCs and mobile devices like the iPhone.
client scripting language, and do not depend on any proprietary
can be used to create map mashups with other web applications such
as Google Maps.
- Integrated payment processing is PCI (Payment Card Industry)
compliant when configured by Caspio professional services. This
means you can assure customers you take credit card security on the
- The data center utilized by Caspio is SAS-70 Type II certified,
recognizing the processes and controls that are in place to protect
your data and applications.
- Caspio's administrative console is compatible with all major
browsers on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and
- Caspio's database is UTF-8 compliant, meaning it can support
Unicode encoded data for multiple languages while maintaining
compatibility with the older ASCII standard for English-language
- Caspio is TRUSTe and US-EU Safe Harbor certified, reflecting
our commitment to respecting the privacy of our customers.
Caspio provides tools that respect web standards, combined with
the highest standards for application integration, integrity,
security and privacy. By building on the Caspio platform, you can
deliver the same high standards in your own web database